The access key is 16 alphanumeric characters.
After acquiring the access key, you can access the UPS Developer Kit API Development and Production Server, and issue UPS shipping labels with Ship&co.
To obtain an access key, follow the steps below.
1. Access http://www.ups.com
Login using your user ID and password.
- If you do not have a My UPS.com user ID and password, please register a new account via clicking “new registration” on the upper right of the page.
- If you are already registered on My UPS.com, we recommend that you create a new user ID and password to use for the UPS Developer API.
2. Click the “Services” tab, and click on “Integrating UPS Technology” in the column.
3. Click on “UPS Developer Kit” in the section menu.
4. Click on “Learn About Integrating UPS Developer Kit APIs” for more details.
5. Under Step 3: Developers: Download APIs, click on “Access the UPS Developer Kit.”
6. Under “How To Get Started”, click “Step 4: Request an access key.”
7. If necessary, edit and add to the fields of “PRIMARY CONTACT INFORMATION” and “SECONDARY CONTACT INFORMATION”
Select the account number for which you wish to obtain the access key.
- If you already have a UPS account which is not listed in the selection list, click “Add a UPS Account.”
Click on “Request Access Key.”
8. The access key and access type are now displayed.
This information will be sent to your registered email address.
9. Complete setting up your UPS account in Ship&co by following this page.