If you are shipping in Japan, delivery date and time selection is common option to offer in ecommerce store. If you are selling on Shopify store and are looking for a app to help your shipping process smoother while offering your customers to specify a preferred delivery hour, you're in the right place.
Ship&co offers you Checkout UI Extensions for your Shopify Theme, enabling customers on your Shopify store to select their preferred delivery date and time during the checkout process.
The preferred delivery date and time slot, selected at Shopify checkout, will be automatically synchronized to Ship&co. This eliminates the need for manual selection before creating a shipping label. You can read more about this below:
How Can I Use a Preferred Delivery Date and Time Checkout UI Extensions on Shopify?
Before you can take advantage of this feature, please ensure that you meet the following conditions:
- You are using Shopify Plus.
- Your store is on a Shopify 2.0 Theme.
- The Ship&co app is installed on your Shopify Store.
- You have at least one Japanese Shipping Carrier (Yamato Transport, Sagawa Express or JapanPost YuPack) account added to your Ship&co account.
How to Add the Checkout UI Extensions to Your Shopify Theme?
To add the Ship&co Checkout UI Extensions to your Shopify theme, follow these steps:
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store → Themes.
- Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
- In the Theme customization page, on the top centered drop-down menu, select Checkout.
- On the side bar, click on Add app block.
- In App blocks available for this page menu, select Ship&co - 配達希望時間帯 and 配達希望日
- Set up the following topics for the Time slot extensions:
- Checkout behavior - Tick the option to Include the app in Shop Pay.
- App block settings - Choose the time schedule for your shipping carrier—either Yamato Transport, Sagawa Express or Yu-Pack.
- Set up the following topics for the Calendar extensions:
Checkout Behavior: Tick the option to Include the app in Shop Pay. (Shop Pay is a ... [provide a brief explanation or example])
Shipping Days Setting: Select how many days you ship after an order is placed: 0 = shipping the same day, 1 = shipping the next day, etc...
Shipping Day Change Time: Select the hours of the day (Japan Time) from when the shipping day changes. Ex: if you select 14:00, and the previous setting is 0, orders placed before 14:00 can be shipped the same day. They can be received the next day.
Weekend and Holiday Shipping: Select if you ship on Saturday, Sunday, and Japanese Holidays. Ex: if select true: no shipping on this day.
UI Extensions Display Location:
Decide where to display the UI extensions in your checkout.
We recommend adding the selector after the Shipping rate element and before the Payment block.
- Click Save.
How are the Preferred Delivery Date and Time Displayed in Ship&co?
With the Checkout UI Extensions, the preferred delivery date and time specified by shoppers are automatically synced to orders in Ship&co. These details can be viewed:
- In a note on the order page in Ship&co.
- On the Shopify admin order page.
This synchronization allows for the creation of shipments individually or in bulk, without the need to select a delivery day or a time slot for delivery.
Things to Remember and Possible Issues
For most regular services like YuPack, Sagawa, or Yamato Taqbin, delivery can be as quick as the next day to most prefectures. However, the days and time of delivery will depend on the origin and destination.
Some carriers may not accept a delivery time slot in certain areas. For instance, shipping to Okinawa or Hokkaido from most parts of Honshu will typically take more than 1 day.
Currently, it's not technically possible to show a preferred date and time slot for delivery based on the buyer's address at checkout. This limitation may lead to errors when trying to create shipments:
If a user selected a delivery time slot at checkout, but the carrier you ship with doesn't accept time slot delivery for this area.
If a buyer selected a day of delivery that can't be met due to the distance from the shipping location.
We are working on extending this feature to Shopify (non-plus) stores. Stay tuned for updates!