- ⚠️NOTE: In order to complete this process, you must have an Australia Post account. Sign up at https://developers.auspost.com.au/register (if you already have an account, login).
- ⚠️Once you have signed up/logged in, you must also sign up for an Australia Post Business Credit Account, and an eParcel Contract. To set up these services, please contact Australia Post directly at email@example.com. In the email, state that you are using Ship&co.
- ⚠️To register for an Australia Post API, you will need:
- An Australia Post (eParcel) account number(s);
- Star Track account number(s);
- Same Day service account number(s); if you don’t have your Same Day account number yet, please provide your existing Australia Post or StarTrack account number.
- If you have any issues with creating an API key and API secret, please contact Australia Post directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Login to Australia Post.
2. Navigate to this page, and under “Shipping and Tracking”, click “Register now for an API key.”
3. Read the Terms & Conditions, check “I acknowledge, I have read, and understand the above terms and conditions”, and click on “I accept these terms & conditions”.
4. Complete the rest of the details with your Star Track account or your Australia Post account.
5. For “Are you accessing the API via a platform partner” section, select Ship&co as your platform partner.
6. Once you have inputted in all of the details, click “send”. Australia Post will contact you via email within 24 hours, with instructions on how to proceed.
- Star Track only: the API key and API secret will be sent by email directly. The process has now finished; you do not need to continue with the following steps.
- Star Track and Australia Post (if you are using both services): continue with the following steps.
7. Create a new project
a) Create a new project (log in to Australia Post, and navigate to the Developer Centre. At the top menu, click on “Projects” → “Create a New Project” (if you cannot see “Project”, wait for a confirmation email from Australia Post to arrive; it should be visible after that).
b) Then, add a project name, select your organization, and click “Create project”
c) To generate the API key and API secret, click on “Overview” in the left hand menu, and then click on “Manage Services” → turn on all of the services for the newly created project, and click “update”.
d) In the left hand menu, click on “API Access” → “Create a Key”. Enter a Key nickname, and enter an API Secret.
- Make sure to write down/copy and paste/screenshot the secret, as you will not be able to access it again after creating the key.
e) Then, click on “Create key” to generate the keys.
f) Now, the keys have been generated, and they are displayed. The settings for the API key and API secret have been completed! You can now enter the API key and API secret in Ship&co’s “Carrier” section!