- ⚠️NOTE: In order to complete this process, you must have an Australia Post account. Sign up at https://developers.auspost.com.au/register (if you already have an account, login).
- ⚠️Once you have signed up/logged in, you must also sign up for an Australia Post Business Credit Account, and an eParcel Contract. To set up these services, please contact Australia Post directly at email@example.com. In the email, state that you are using Ship&co.
- ⚠️To register for an Australia Post API, you will need:
- An Australia Post (eParcel) account number(s);
- Star Track account number(s);
- Same Day service account number(s); if you don’t have your Same Day account number yet, please provide your existing Australia Post or StarTrack account number.
- If you have any issues with creating an API key and API secret, please contact Australia Post directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Login to Australia Post.
2. Navigate to the Shipping and Tracking APIs page and click on the "Register your interest today".
3. Follow the screens, fill in the form with the appropriate information. Ensure you specify your account number(s) separated by commas, and indicate you want 1 API key for all accounts.
4. Specify your platform partner "Ship&co" in the drop-down menu in the second step of the registration process.
5. Select your state/territory from the drop-down menu. You may add more account numbers in the Comment box if they did not all fit on the first step.
6. Click Send to finish the form. Wait for a confirmation email and then follow the steps as provided. It can take up to 1-2 business days to receive the invitation email.
For any issues, please contact the Customer Connectivity team at Australia Post: email@example.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Create a new project
Log into the Developer Centre and create a new project against your organisation. Your project allows you to create API keys that automatically link to your Australia Post Account.
a) Create a new project (log in to Australia Post, and navigate to the Developer Centre. At the top menu, click on “Projects” → “Create a New Project” (if you cannot see “Project”, wait for a confirmation email from Australia Post to arrive; it should be visible after that).
b) Then, add a project name, select your organization, and click “Create project”
c) To generate the API key and API secret, click on “Overview” in the left hand menu, and then click on “Manage Services” → turn on all of the services for the newly created project, and click “update”.
d) In the left hand menu, click on “API Access” → “Create a Key”. Enter a Key nickname, and enter an API Secret.
- Make sure to write down/copy and paste/screenshot the secret, as you will not be able to access it again after creating the key.
e) Then, click on “Create key” to generate the keys.
f) Now, the keys have been generated, and they are displayed. The settings for the API key and API secret have been completed! You can now enter the API key and API secret in Ship&co’s “Carriers” section!