Ship&co supports FedEx's Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) to save you time and paper!
In order for your FedEx international shipments to be ETD ready, you need to upload 2 images files in your FedEx settings window, in the carriers page: "Letterhead" and "Signature".
These images will be used for electronic invoices created by FedEx’s system.
Without these 2 images file, you may not be able to create shipments when shipping to some countries.
- Letterhead image file: must be in either GIF or PNG format and no larger than 700 pixels wide by 50 pixels high
- Signature image file: must be in either png or gif format and no larger than 240 pixels wide by 25 pixels high.
ETD shipments can be used to most destinations and from most countries, yet there are some locations that are not supported (Where can you ship with FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents - list from FedEx). Please contact your FedEx agent for more information.
When ETD is not supported, you'll notice a message in a yellow banner during the shipping label creation process. You'll then, need to print the commercial invoice, and attach it together with the shipping labels to the package.
<FedEx ETD shipping label sample>
- You can notice "ETD" printed on the label when ETD is available for your shipment. You don't need to print the invoice for these shipments.
- Only 2 pages need to be printed when ETD is available, the shipping label and airway bill.
- The Custom Invoice generated by FedEx for ETD shipments can't be seen in Ship&co user interface.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our customer support.