[Important notes on creating cash on delivery labels]
1) Cash on delivery handling fee is not included in the order data synchronized from shops to Ship&co in principle. Therefore, it is not possible to automatically reflect the fee on the cash on delivery labels, however, by manually editing on the Ship&co screen (adding the cash on delivery fee), it can be reflected.
2) A cash on delivery labels can be created if cash on delivery (or "collect") agreement is already linked to the shipping carrier's account that you have registered with Ship&co. If you do not have a cash on delivery agreement with your shipping company yet, please complete it first.
- If you are a Sagawa Express customer and have added cash on delivery agreement after Sagawa Express has issued an API key (ID and password required for the use with Ship&co):
The cash on delivery agreement is not automatically reflected in the API key. In this case, please contact us, then we will request Sagawa System to reflect the cash on delivery in the key.
- If you are a customer of Japan Post Yu-Pack, and have added cash on delivery agreement after the credentials (the special code called "承認コード" required for the use with Ship&co) have been issued by Japan Post:
The cash on delivery agreement is not automatically reflected in the code. In this case, please directly inform the sales representative of the local post office of this matter, and have the cash on delivery agreement reflected in the code. If the salesperson is not able to respond, we will contact Japan Post, explain the situation and ask for help, so please contact us.
- If you are a Yamato Transport customer and have added cash on delivery agreement after registering the API key obtained from Yamato Business Members with Ship&co:
The cash on delivery agreement is automatically reflected in the API key, so you do not need to take any additional steps.
[How to add Cash on delivery handling fee manually on Ship&co]
1) If you do not need the delivery slip (納品書) automatically created by Ship&co:
If you click "Cash on Delivery" in the Options section (in the case of Yamato Transport, select the "Collect" service), the fields for entering the cash on delivery amount and the consumption tax amount will be displayed. Please enter the total amount to be collected from your customer (including cash on delivery fee) and the included tax amount, and then proceed to issue the label.
The label will then show the total cash on delivery amount including the cash on delivery fee.
2) If you print and use the delivery slip (納品書) automatically created by Ship&co:
In order to manually reflect the cash on delivery fee on the delivery slip, click "Add" in the "Ordered Items" section, add the item of Cash on delivery fee as shown in the example below, and click "Submit".
When you edit the "Ordered items" contents, you will need to recalculate the consumption tax manually. Edit and enter the amount corresponding to the consumption tax (In the case of the sample image below, the included tax amount is 130 yen (the tax for the product is 100 yen + the tax for the cash on delivery fee is 30 yen) Then click "Cash on Delivery" in the options and edit those to match the amount of the "Ordered Items".
Please proceed with the label creation. The shipping label and the delivery slip will then display the total amount including the cash on delivery fee as well as the tax amount correctly.