The Ship&co API is built around RESTful principles. It is available for Ship&co user on any plans.
Our REST API comes with several features covering from Shipment, Rate, Tracking, Listing and more. It allows you to seamlessly integrate Ship&co's label generation capabilities into your own system. Check out the up-to-date API Document on our homepage.
Setting up Ship&co API
There are few steps you have to proceed in order to use Ship&co API
- Create an Ship&co account:
To access the Ship&co API, you must have a Ship&co account. If you haven't created an account yet, please proceed to register here.
- Generate the API Token to authorize your account:
Setting an API Token to HTTP headers that can be issued in the Ship&co dashboard enables you to be authorized and use our API. Please follow the steps in this guide to get an API token.
Once these steps are complete, you can create shipments - input shipment information including the specified shipping address, parcel, product information, carrier information, and the shipping label based on the consignee's address. See the guide for more details about shipments.
- Create/Test API Call:
See the guide and sample code for more details.
Before starting using Ship&co API, make sure to read the following details:
- Ship&co API integrates with multi-carrier system which requires you to have an accurate shipping address for both shipper and consignee. Please make sure to use the valid address in order to successfully create shipping label.
- The API usage fee is the same as our dashboard usage. For more information on our pricing plans, please check out here.
- Ship&co offers an initial 14-day trial, where you can try out our services for free, with unlimited shipment volumes. There is no credit card information required either during your trial. After the trial, you need to add your credit card information in order to keep using our service.
Setting up Ship&co API in Test Environment
To make a test call with Ship&co API, please add
"test": true enables you to create dummy shipping labels free-of-charge. With Test Environment, no need to add a credit card in your account for this testing usage.
Note: Test labels are currently only available for UPS, DHL, Sagawa and Yamato. Sagawa and Yamato don't require carrier account registration too. Details available from here for creating test labels.
Support for API Issues
If you come across any error messages or issues, our Support team is here to assist you. Our team can help test API calls to ensure they're functioning correctly and help pinpoint any incorrect or missing details that might be causing errors. If you're experiencing problems with your API calls and need help, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To provide the best assistance, please make sure to include the following information:
- The API action you were trying to perform
- The full JSON body of the request and response