Once a Shopify store is registered, order information will be automatically synchronized in real time.
Paid and unfulfilled orders will show up on Ship&co's orders page. You can also sync unpaid orders (see at the bottom of this page).
If you modify a shipping address or add a note to an order in your Shopify admin, the order will be updated in Ship&co as well after a few seconds.
* When you add a Shopify store, Ship&co synchronizes orders which were placed in the last 60 days automatically. From then, as long as the order status in Shopify is "Unfulfilled", they will be displayed in Ship&co's "Orders" page. However, due to Shopify's restrictions, it is not possible to update from Ship&co for those orders that are more than 60 days old, so please manually fulfill your orders' status on the Shopify order screen in this case.
* If you re-add your Shopify store in the "Shops" page, the synchronization gets renewed, therefore, you will only see the orders placed in the last 60 days to the date in the "Orders" page.
Status of the order to be synchronized:
- Paid + Unfulfilled
* If you have ticked "Fetch authorized and pending/partially paid orders" in the shop's setting page (please see below image), Ship&co will also synchronize your Shopify orders with the following statuses:
- Pending + Unfulfilled
- Payment Authorized + Unfulfilled
- Partially Paid + Unfulfilled
Orders page sample: