This article presents how Ship&co manage IOSS number depending on Ecommerce Platforms and shipping carriers when Shipping to the European Union, from a country outside of the EU.
We are updating this post regularly depending on what we learn from users feedback and updates from carriers and ecommerce platforms.
1. eBay: if you sell on eBay and have some shipments for the European Union, you have no setup to do on your side. Ship&co will get eBay's IOSS number from eBay's system and use it whenever it is required. See below for details about the shipping carrier(s) you are using in Ship&co.
Update July 2nd 2021: ebay is sending IOSS number in the buyer's address_2 field.
This is fine unless the address is too long and might cause an error with some shipping carriers.
If you need to delete the IOSS number because the address is too long, we recommend you to add the IOSS number by hand on the label after printing it especially if you ship orders with JapanPost Small Packets (epacket, Small Packet airmail and other small packet with no invoice).
Update July 12th 2021 - Warning: we have noted that in some rares cases, the address_2 is not complete when it's too long. Ebay is not sharing the complete address next to the IOSS number information. We recommend ebay sellers to verify if the address is complete on the shipping label before shipping any orders.
We are working with ebay to solve this issue.
2. Amazon Marketplaces: Amazon does not provide any update concerning IOSS number with their MWS API for Apps like Ship&co.
We are working on integrating with the new Amazon Seller API. With this new integration, Amazon sellers will have not setup to do on Ship&co regarding IOSS number. The new integration should be launched early 2O22.
Update June 29th 2021: Amazon sellers will need to add their IOSS number inside their Amazon Store window setup on Ship&co.
Go to the Stores page, click on edit next to your Amazon Store and add the IOSS number that Amazon gave you in seller central for orders to ship to Europe.
According to what Amazon JP told us, sellers should have one IOSS number per marketplace country.
Amazon sellers: please add your IOSS number in your Amazon Store settings in Ship&co:
Update July 20th 2021: Please check this page for the IOSS number provided by the Amazon store in each country.
3. Etsy: sellers on Esty need to add the IOSS number provided by Etsy in their Etsy store settings on Ship&co:
4. For sellers on other platforms (Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce): if you have an IOSS number, you'll be able to add it into Ship&co's Invoice Settings.
The number will be used for supported shipping carriers (see below).
You can use only one IOSS number per Ship&co account.
5. JapanPost International: The IOSS number will be shown in the "observations" field of EMS invoices and other shipping services with invoices (Postal Parcel)
This was recommended by JapanPost International.
JapanPost International does not plan to add a special field for IOSS number.
Update July 1st 2021: If you want to use IOSS number for ePacket and other Small Packet services, you'll need to add the IOSS number manually in the Buyer's Address 2 field.
We hope that JapanPost will offer an other way to add IOSS number to these services.
6. DHL Express: IOSS number will be noted on the PLT invoice generated by DHL for shipments to Europe.
7. UPS: IOSS number will be noted on the Electronic paperless invoice generated by UPS for shipments to Europe.
Update July 1st 2021: We are waiting for UPS to modify the invoice generated through their API. At the moment, the IOSS number isn't noted on the UPS customs invoice but Ship&co is sending it to UPS when creating shipment that needs it.
8. FedEx: IOSS number will be noted on the ETD Invoice generated by FedEx for shipments to Europe in the TIN field (used for other shipper's VAT type number).
9. Ship&co API: we will also update our API for users to add IOSS numbers when creating a shipments with carriers supporting it.
Update July 1st 2021:
Update June 29th 2021. 9. Pegasus Global Express: we are waiting for an update from Pegasus Global Express system.