In order to create DHL shipping labels using Ship&co, you first need to have a DHL account. If you do not have one yet, please first visit here and inquire DHL about an account.
[ How to set up your DHL account in Ship&co ]
In the Ship&co dashboard, click on “Carriers” on the left-hand side, and select “DHL”.
1. Name to display this account
You can give your DHL account a name to be used within Ship&co for management purposes. This is useful if you want to add more than one DHL account to Ship&co. If you leave this field blank, your account number will automatically be reflected.
2. Your carrier credentials
In order to obtain “Site ID” and “Password”, please follow the process explained below.
Access https://xmlportal.dhl.com/login and click “Register now”
Fill out “XML Services Registration Form” and click “Save” at the bottom.
- Requestor Services *: tick all
- Describe the application and business process where XML Services will be used *: please input “Ship&co”
Within 24 hours (on working days), you will receive two emails from DHL XML Services Portal - one is "Your Credentials for the DHL XML Services Test Environment" and the other is "Your Credentials for the DHL XML Services Production Environment"
"Your Credentials for the DHL XML Services Production Environment" is the one you need for this settings.
Confirm the followings in the email and copy & paste individually into the Ship&co page.
- Production Site ID → ① Site ID
- Production Password → ② Password
- Account Number → ③ Your 9-digit DHL account number
"Print return labels"
With Ship&co you can create return labels at the same time you create DHL export labels. (Please note that there are some countries where this is not supported.) If you plan to create a return label, click "Print return labels" and enter the import account number (9 digits) you have.
- DHL Import Account Number is a 9-digit number starting with "9".
- DHL Return Label is valid for 90 days after it is issued.
- Please do not attach DHL return label to the parcel, but pack it with the contents.
3. Contact for DHL registration
The contact information that you saved in Ship&co's "Profile" page is displayed. If this information is different from the one that you have for your contract with DHL, please edit it. If you edit it, be sure to click the "Save" button in the upper right to save your edits.
4. Label settings
You can choose not to display your DHL account number on the shipping label.
5. DHL package types
Please select any DHL packing materials you might use in the list. They will be displayed in the ‘Parcels’ section as the packaging options on the order page, as you can see in the image here.
6. Print settings
Choose the printer and paper size you will use for printing DHL shipping labels. You can choose from laser/inkjet, or thermal printer option.
- Option for laser/inkjet printer:
PDF - Standard A4 (to be printed on A4 plain paper)
- Options for thermal printer:
PDF - 4x6 inches or 4x8 inches
ZPL - 4x6 inches or 4x8 inches
* To set up the thermal printer ZPL type, you need to install a tool separately. Please see the details from here.
Click the "Save" button in the bottom right to complete the settings.