Before you create your first shipment, please make sure you have completed the 4 on-boarding steps:
- Completed your profile
- Added at least 1 warehouse (i.e. parcel pick-up point)
- Added at least 1 shipping carrier account (to add additional accounts, go to "Carriers" tab and click the desired carrier logo)
- Added at least 1 online shop (you may also skip this step, or to add addition shops, go to "Shops" tab and click the desired shop logo)
Creating a shipment
To create your first shipment, go to "orders" tab.
If you have connected your online shop (on-boarding step 4) your shops' orders will be automatically imported and you will see a list of your unfulfilled orders within 15 minutes of connecting to the shop.
Next, click the order that you want to ship out. You will see that your order details (receiver's details, item details, sender details) would be automatically displayed. No need for any manual data input!
Next, there are 3 quick things to check.
1. Check the receiver address and make sure you have the right address. Otherwise, "Edit" to amend the address. Check the sender address, and make sure the right warehouse/pick-up address has been selected. Otherwise, select a different one from the drop-down (if you added more than one address), or create a new warehouse address.
2. There are several shipping options you might want to consider such as adding a discount, pickup, etc - depending on the carrier.
Take a look at articles on your respective carriers for more info on shipping options for the carrier:
3. For international orders only, you will need to add in the parcel detail (dimension and weight) as well as check the parcel items (item classification and country of origin) for customs purposes.
To speed up this process you can:
- Add pre-set parcel dimensions that you typically use (more here)
- Add product types you typically use (more here)
Checking rates and generating shipping labels & invoices
To check shipping rates, click the magnifying glass button on the bottom right.
Estimated shipping costs will be displayed for each shipping carrier. Shipping costs also includes fuel surcharges and other fees.
For some carriers (e.g., Ninja Van) you will not able to check the shipping rates, so please skip this step and click the printer icon right away, selecting your desired shipping method. This will generate the shipping label and invoice right away.
If you choose to check rates first, once you are at the next page, click the printer icon to the right of the desired shipping service to issue the shipping label.
A commercial invoice will be issued at the same time as the shipping label.
For DHL only: If Paperless Transactions (PLT) is enabled, the commercial invoice will be in a PLT format, so the only shipping document required for printing will be 1 page of shipping label (no need to provide a Waybill Doc). If PLT is disabled, you will be prompted on the screen to print a commercial invoice as well.
Click the Label and Invoice buttons to view and print the shipping label and commercial invoice accordingly.
To view shipments created, go to "Shipments" tab.
If you had chosen the option of auto-fulfilling (i.e. under "shops", "sync setting", you have ticked the option of "Automatically fulfil the order on..."), Ship&co would be marking your order as 'fulfilled' on your shop and sending the tracking number back to your shop at the time when the shipping label is created.
If you had not chosen this option, but would like to Ship&co to auto-fulfil when you want to, simply click the "fulfil" button.
To void a shipment, click the trash can icon. This will delete the shipment with the shipping carrier as well, and you'll see the order back in the "order" list.
And that's the main series of steps needed to create your first shipment! If you're ready for more, check out this article on "5 tips to save more time", covering:
- Creating shipments in a batch
- Label settings
- Shopify payment options
- Preset package and product types