Ship&co helps you easily create shipping label for DHL Express shipment. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to ship your orders with DHL Express in Ship&co.
Ship your orders with DHL Express
To create shipping label and ship your orders with DHL Express, follow these steps:
- Go to Orders Page.
- Select your order.
- In Parcels section, add the package details:
- Size: Add the package size or click (・・・) dropdown menu and select registered package.
- Weight: Input the weight of package.
- Qty: Quantity is set as 1 by default. In case of multiple parcels, add the number of parcels.
- In Option section, set up the following topics:
- Signature required: This means that the consignees will be required to sign when receiving the parcel. See this page for more information.
- Delivered Duty Paid: If you wish to set up the DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) option, please check this box. *Please note that DHL local tax prepayment handling charges (3,000 yen per shipping label, excluding tax) are not included in the estimated DHL shipping rates displayed on Ship&co.
- Return label: Return label creation is available for DHL shipment. In order to set up return labels, you must register a DHL import account beforehand. Details about registration can be found here.
- In Shipment Type section, set the relevant type for your shipment.
- If you would like to add damage compensation insurance to your shipment, input the value of the contents in Shipment Insurance section. See this page for more information.
- In Order items section, select the Product category from the dropdown menu to add HS code and COO. (In case of Shopify, these information is automatically synced.)
- The parcel contents, including the item classification category and origin country is for custom purposes. You may edit the fields as required, by selecting an option from the drop down. To change what appears on your drop down list, go to "Settings" and "Product types", deleting what you do not require, and adding what is relevant. (See this article for more info.)
- Click the Magnifying Glass (🔍) button.
- Check the shipping rates and option shown.
Note: Estimated shipping costs responded by the carriers system will be displayed for each shipping carrier. Shipping costs also include fuel surcharges and other fees.
- Click the Printer (🖨️) icon next to the preferable rate from DHL Express.
Now, you've created shipping label and commercial invoice to ship your order with DHL Express.
To print out your shipping documents, follow these steps:
- Click on Label to print DHL shipping label.
- Click on Invoice to print commercial invoice created by Ship&co.
- Click on Carrier Invoice to print commercial invoice in DHL official format.
Note: Ship&co supports DHL Paperless Trade (PLT) for DHL international shipments. In most cases, DHL Express doesn't require shipper to print invoice to ship parcels. If Paperless Transactions (PLT) is enabled, you can see PLT printed on the label, and the shipping document required for printing/attaching will be only 1 page of shipping label (no need to attach a Waybill Doc or paper invoice). If PLT is disabled, you will be prompted on the screen to print a commercial invoice as well.
*As a measure to protect personal information, DHL does not show phone numbers on the shipping labels. (Depending on the receiving country, it may be displayed.) The phone numbers will not be printed on the invoice, however, the data will be saved on the DHL server, so DHL will refer to the data from the server when necessary.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Creating a return label for DHL outbound shipment
To create a return label together with a shipping label for an outbound shipment, follow these steps:
- Go to Orders Page.
- Select your order.
- In Options section, tick on Return Label option.
- Click on Magnifying glass ( 🔍 ) in the right-button side.
- Click Printer (🖨️) icon located in the bottom right-hand corner.
Note: If you tick Return Label, please note the following information:
- In pricing comparison page, the estimated return shipping fee will be displayed in the warning box. This fee will be charged only if the return label is used - i.e. if the receiver chooses to return the item and use the label. The return labels are available only for Express Worldwide service.
- Shipping and return labels will be generated in one PDF file, with two tracking numbers. In addition, a commercial invoice for exporting will be generated at the same time.
- PLT cannot be applied to the return shipment. Both Transport Label and Waybill Doc will be created for the return label. The consignee need to create a commercial invoice and attach the parcel together with return label. Ship&co only generates a commercial invoice automatically for the export part
- DHL return labels are valid for 90 days upon issuance.
- Do not attach the DHL return label to the package but pack it inside the parcel.
- As of August 2022, shipping insurance is not applicable to return labels.
Shipping label sample (PDF format):