Ship&co supports Electronic Trade Documents (ETD), a FedEx service that allows you to electronically upload and submit your customs documentation. With FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents, you can save time and money when preparing the shipments as well as reduce the risk of customs delays.
A letterhead and signature image required when shipping with FedEx Express
In order to enable Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) for your FedEx international shipments, you need to upload 2 images files: Letterhead and Signature Image in your FedEx settings on Ship&co Carriers page. See the below details:
Letterhead is a company/store logo image.
Letterhead image file must be in either GIF or PNG format and no larger than 700 pixels wide by 50 pixels high.
- Signature image is a shipper's signature image.
Signature image must be in either the GIF or PNG format and no larger than 240 pixels wide by 25 pixels high.
Note: Check out these easy methods to create your store logo and signature image for free in case you don't have a specific store logo, or you need to create a digital signature file for this setting.
Set up Letterhead and Signature Image for FedEx® ETD on Ship&co
If you haven't finished this for your FedEx account, follow the below instructions to set up FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents on Ship&co.
- Go to Carriers page.
- Click Edit on your FedEx account registered.
- In Letterhead section, click Choose a file and select the image.
- In Image Signature section, click Choose a file and select the image.
- Click Save.
The uploaded letterhead and signature image will be used for electronic customs documents when creating shipping labels for FedEx.
Note: If you don't upload Letterhead and Signature Image in your FedEx settings on Ship&co, you won't be able to create a shipment with FedEx Electronic Trade Documents on Ship&co. Also, you may encounter errors when creating a shipping label for certain destination countries that require sending the packages as ETD shipment.
Ship with FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents on Ship&co
You can see the list of the countries and territories where FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents is available here or contact your FedEx agent for more information.
FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) can be used to ship to most destinations and from most countries, yet there are some locations that are not supported. Find more from the below details:
- Creating a FedEx Shipment when ETD is supported, you only need to print out FedEx shipping label and the copy of Airway Bill document (2 pages) and place them in the FedEx pouch attached to your shipment. In this case, Ship&co will automatically send the required signed Commercial Invoice electronically, eliminating the need for you to print Commercial Invoices for your packages.
- Creating a FedEx Shipment when ETD is not supported, you need to print out the commercial invoice (1 page), and attach it together with FedEx shipping label and two copies of Airway Bill document (3 pages) to the package.
Creating a FedEx Shipment when ETD is not supported
When FedEx® Electronic Trade Documents is not supported for your shipment, you will notice a message in a yellow banner: FedEx® ETD label not available between the origin and destination country. Please also print and sign the customs documents (Commercial Invoice), appeared when shipping label is created.
For these shipments, you need to print paper copies of the customs documents and place them in the FedEx pouch attached to your shipment.